The airline industry faces pressures like few others – highly regulated, deeply competitive, ultra-visible and with incredibly tight margins. Worldwide over 800,000 pilots and crew must be perfectly aligned with flight schedules in ways that balance on-time performance, cost, compliance and crew satisfaction. That is where merlot.aero comes in. We unleash insights for high performance crews through powerful optimization and mobile automation software. A New Zealand success story, merlot.aero ensures 1.5 million perfect flights a year (and growing). We have a team of 120 strong, an amazing central Ponsonby location, and exciting plans for investment in growth and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Analyst Developer join our Auckland Optimisation team.
You will have a lot of autonomy and be responsible for the hands-on development of a variety of our optimisation products (PBS / Rostering / Recovery / Workforce optimisation).
You will also drive solution generation, analysis and liaising with established clients in relation to Pairings and Roster optimisation. You will have the ability to be involved in the benchmarking process and analysis for potential new clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Hands on development within the areas of the Merlot Aero applications that relate to optimisation.
- Perform unit testing and quality assurance as required on product areas related to optimisation.
- The performing of monthly Rostering and Pairing bureau processes, including configuration adjustments, solution generation, results analysis and client liaison
- Evaluate configuration changes to support improved quality solutions
- Detailed and accurate investigation and analysis of optimisation results
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement in relation to:
- Client optimisation configuration and business process
- Product and optimisation functionality
- Relevant Operations Research or Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of software development and structure
- Min 3+ years of C++ or C# development experience
- Min 1 year Python experience
- Understanding of Pairing and Rostering concepts
- Problem solving and sound judgment in relation to technical matters
- Open minded, a quick learner, and passionate about learning the airline industry
- Automatic testing experience
- Outstanding collaboration skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Level of flexibility while working in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in airline or transit industries
- Experience across more than 1 optimisation product / Operations Research approach
- Experience in scheduling automation software
JOINING OUR TEAM:
- Innovative New Zealand software success story headquartered from fantastic central Ponsonby location
- Great culture with strong values