The airline industry faces pressures like few others – highly regulated, deeply competitive, ultra-visible and with incredibly tight margins. Worldwide over 800,000 pilots and crew must be perfectly aligned with flight schedules in ways that balance on-time performance, cost, compliance and crew satisfaction. That is where merlot.aero comes in. We unleash insights for high performance crews through powerful optimization and mobile automation software. A New Zealand success story, merlot.aero ensures 1.5 million perfect flights a year (and growing). We have a team of 120 strong, an amazing central Ponsonby location, and exciting plans for investment in growth and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a champion for the UI/UX design of our mobile and web interfaces. This is a newly created role, and you will have the opportunity to join a fantastic team while having the ability to put your own stamp on our range of innovative and cutting-edge software.
You will have a lot of autonomy and will work closely with all sections of the business, from our amazing developers all the way up to the executive team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be embedded within our Engineering and Product teams.
- Drive change by communicating insights and experiment results with client-side stakeholders as well as internal Merlot leadership.
- Ask questions and conduct experiments to understand our product from the customers point of view.
- Collaborate with others to create concepts, flow diagrams and wireframes that will be presented to stakeholders.
- You will facilitate and design solutions that encompass an understanding of the business objectives, the technical constraints and the user needs.
- Understanding user needs, analysing features and providing input into product roadmaps.
- Pro-actively find ways we can improve our design methods, accuracy and workflow.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure the feasibility of a design solution.
- A strong user-centric design mindset with a minimum of 2-5 years UX/UI or UI experience.
- You get excited about data, data visualisation and communication.
- A sharp eye for design and detail.
- A portfolio demonstrating an ability to produce high-quality web and mobile first interfaces.
- Experience working with and/or managing design systems and tools
- Experience working in an agile environment to deliver the full end-to-end design process.
- Can-do approach and attitude
- Someone who has a notebook and a pencil handy. All the time.
- Empathy for users and passion for design
- Love collaborating with others to create magic
- HTML / JS and related libraries highly desirable
- Experience in airline or transit industries
JOINING OUR TEAM
- Innovative New Zealand software story headquartered from fantastic central Ponsonby location
- Team events and lunches
- Great culture with strong values