The airline industry faces pressures like few others – highly regulated, deeply competitive, ultra-visible and with incredibly tight margins. Worldwide over 800,000 pilots and crew must be perfectly aligned with flight schedules in ways that balance on-time performance, cost, compliance and crew satisfaction. That is where merlot.aero comes in. We unleash insights for high performance crews through powerful optimization and mobile automation software. A New Zealand success story, merlot.aero ensures 1.5 million perfect flights a year (and growing). We have a team of 120 strong, an amazing central Ponsonby location, and exciting plans for investment in growth and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a brilliant, dynamic and creative Program Manager to join our Auckland team.
The role will be responsible for leading and mentoring Project Managers to ensure that projects are managed and delivered as per the needs of the organisation. It will include the effective implementation of projects, process improvements, driving change and supporting further enhancements to Merlot’s delivery framework.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for the development, co-ordination, prioritisation, reporting and overall management of customer projects required to deliver on our commercial contracts.
The Program manager will deliver projects within a software development portfolio and manage the resources necessary to deliver projects on time and on budget. The role will also provide leadership to the project team and broader contributors.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Development of required governance, communications and management reporting frameworks.
- Direct support of project deliverables where needed.
- Building & articulating development resource plans and tracking progress against these plans throughout project delivery as well as delivering the overall outcomes associated with the program.
- Manage the impacts and outcomes of projects and changes to processes, people and technology
- Implement and manage processes and procedures to deliver projects on time, within budget, within scope and with a high level of quality
- Manage stakeholder expectations, including leading customer negotiations on scope, deliverable and timelines.
- Clearly define the project scope, objectives and detailed project plan with customers, project managers and internal management teams.
- Develop detailed estimates of resources required and execute upon the project plan.
- Track, manage, and adjust the baseline plan as required to ensure project success.
- Ensure that major project risks and issues are internally escalated with recommendations and solutions
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, determine project prioritization in partnership with key stakeholders and manage communication to stakeholders
- Partner with senior stakeholders and the project team to drive action
- Ensure that industry best practices are applied and are being adhered to by the PMO team in both immediate and long-term situations.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in IT or Business Administration
- Minimum of four years of technical project management
- Certification in project management (PMP)
- An in-depth knowledge of managing projects and creating (software) lifecycle deliverables including dependencies, project risks, issues and change management plans to ensure project goals are accomplished
- Experience in managing the delivery of medium to large programmes of work including multiple integrated projects.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with ability to engage and influence various stakeholders (internal and external
- Able to lead people and programmes of work
- Able to manage stakeholder expectations, including strong risk management skills.
- Be a team player who is organised and has great attention to detail with strong financial acumen.
- Outstanding people leadership and management skills
- Embrace both agile and SDLC principals and can work effectively under both
- Problem solving and sound judgment in relation to technical matters
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills including conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Maintain a 'big picture' project view while focusing on details
- Level of flexibility while working in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English is essential)
JOINING OUR TEAM
- Innovative New Zealand software story headquartered from fantastic central Ponsonby location
- Team events and lunches
- Great culture with strong values