QUALITY ASSURANCE AUTOMATION ENGINEER - MANILA
We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer to join our Manila team. You will be responsible for designing and building automated test implementations. You will need to be a strong communicator that can quickly understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The airline industry faces pressures like few others – highly regulated, deeply competitive, ultra-visible and with incredibly tight margins. Worldwide over 800,000 pilots and crew must be perfectly aligned with flight schedules in ways that balance on-time performance, cost, compliance and crew satisfaction. That is where merlot.aero comes in. We unleash insights for high performance crews through powerful optimization and mobile automation software. A New Zealand success story, merlot.aero ensures 1.5 million perfect flights a year (and growing). We have a global team of 110 strong, a nice central Makati office, and exciting plans for investment in growth and innovation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Testing of the Merlot Aero Product suite.
- Implementing and developing automated test automation frameworks for mobile, web and windows applications using Robot Framework, Selenium, or Appium.
- Designing, creating, and maintaining test scripts using C#, C++ or Java to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Working with the QA Manager and colleagues to define automation process and strategy.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Relevant computer science or the equivalent bachelor’s degree
- 4 years or more in Quality Assurance (Automation) experience
- Thorough understanding of automated QA processes in agile development process
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with C#, C++ or Java programming languages
- Good understanding of test processes, methodologies and standards
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
- Proficient in writing, executing and monitoring automated mobile test suites using a variety of technologies including but not limited to Selenium or Appium.
- Proficient working with relational databases such as MS SQL
- You'll have a good understanding of aviation information systems
JOINING OUR TEAM:
- Making a difference in an exciting industry
- Team events and lunches
- Great culture with strong values