Sales Operations Analyst
The airline industry faces pressures like few others – highly regulated, deeply competitive, ultra-visible and with incredibly tight margins. Worldwide over 800,000 pilots and crew must be perfectly aligned with flight schedules in ways that balance on-time performance, cost, compliance and crew satisfaction. That is where merlot.aero comes in. We unleash insights for high performance crews through powerful optimization and mobile automation software. A New Zealand success story, merlot.aero ensures 1.5 million perfect flights a year (and growing). We have a team of 107 strong, an amazing central Ponsonby location, and exciting plans for investment in growth and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As our Sales Operations Analyst, you will play a critical role in coaching sales to accelerate time to close, maximizing value from our Dynamics CRM data and reporting, and ensuring sales process compliance. You will work closely with our global sales team and become a guru for shaping sales decisions with data analysis, process recommendations and insights.
You will be responsible for developing and analysing reports that highlight progress against performance indicators, sales trends, and driving consistent improvement into our enterprise sales process (Based on Miller Heiman).
You will be supporting a high growth, global business with multiple stakeholders. You will be passionate about value-based enterprise selling, love drawing business insights from data, and be a CRM champion.
This is a part-time position, 20-30 hours per week, we are flexible around how this looks on a weekly basis depending on candidate preferences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency across sales forecasts
- Create sales analytics that drive meaningful improvements to sales process, targeting and sales resource ROI.
- Coach the sales team to get maximum value from the sales process and act as a conduit to resources throughout the organization to accelerate deal closure and customer value
- Manage critical sales team coordination including all hands team meetings providing detailed oversight and action follow up
- Lead recurring and ad-hoc analysis to enable well informed executive decision making
- Provide pricing strategies and support for RFPs
- Provide executive support for the wider sales team - create pitch decks, reports and participate actively in meetings
- Proactively identify, develop and drive longer-term strategies and initiatives that will deliver sales productivity and growth
- A relevant tertiary qualification - BCom or equivalent
- Advanced Excel and data warehousing skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth industry
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience analysing data in the global sales teams
- Significant CRM experience, preferably in dynamics
- A strong understanding of enterprise sales process (ideally Miller Heiman)
- A self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong senior executive engagement and influencing skills
- You learn quickly and are excited to take on challenging new projects
- You are smart, self-motivated, organised, detail and process oriented
- You enjoy planning, executing, winning, and celebrating as a team
- You are a clear and direct communicator
- A strong interest in the aviation industry
JOINING OUR TEAM
- Innovative New Zealand software story headquartered from fantastic central Ponsonby location
- Team events and lunches
- Great culture with strong values