Are you a brilliant, dynamic and experienced HR professional looking for an opportunity to make your mark on a kiwi software success story? Join our great Auckland-based team in taking our airline performance software to the airline industry around the world.
Merlot Aero is on the lookout for someone special: you will be an experienced HR Professional looking to take the next step in your career. Your knowledge of the latest trends in HR management will allow you to develop and support our people and culture strategy and practice in the areas of leadership, employee engagement, accountability and performance management, talent management, organisational development and change management.
The groundwork has been put in place, but there is still room to build out your approach.
This will be a hands-on, varied and challenging role, where no two days will be the same. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a strategic human resources plan in conjunction with merlot’s senior management team.
- Implement leadership development programmes that produce cultural alignment, build leadership skills and develop behaviours consistent with merlot’s values and expectations.
- Lead the development and ongoing evolution of an organisational culture that is aligned with merlot’s strategic vision by working alongside our change management champion. The culture should be one where employees feel respected, valued and empowered.
- Strengthen performance management - define expectations, goals and development plans ensuring all are aligned with organisational and personal objectives. Launch innovations that include peer and virtual feedback in holistic performance reviews.
- Continuous development of employees, ensuring the organisation can retain competent, capable and committed staff at all levels in the organisation.
- Ensure the evolution of human resource policies to reflect the needs of the business, staff, best practice, and any legislative requirements.
- Provide timely HR/ER advice to the Executive and Senior Leadership Team with respect to organisational strategy and, to change management strategies.
- Use technology-based solutions where possible to facilitate effective and efficient HR practices, e.g. BreezyHR for recruitment and ELMO for performance management.
- Coordinate and where appropriate undertake a range of P&C processes e.g. accident reporting, inductions, exit interviews.
- Participate in all senior level and NZ based recruitment led by our in-house recruitment specialist.
If we were to describe the ideal person for the role, here are some of the attributes they'd have:
- A proven track record of experience and achievement in people, culture and change management within a globally dispersed company.
- Experience working in a high growth start-up or technology company
- Knowledge and practical experience of both best practice and the latest trends for all HR functions, policy and practice.
- A relevant tertiary degree in HR or related field.
- Talented and energetic with the ability to build strong relationships across a range of people.
- A strong consultative, collaborative and proactive approach to work.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and at the same time, display emotional intelligence.
- Ability to lead and motivate HR team members to achieve excellence in customer service and operations, and the ability to provide effective management to the team.
- Highly developed written and oral communication, good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Competent knowledge and understanding of the Employment Relations Act, EEO, Privacy Act, Human Rights Act, Health and Safety in Employment Act, and other employment related legislation.
Founded in 2008, merlot.aero has cemented its place as a leader in disruptive innovation for the aviation industry. Our value proposition is based on business optimisation through crew management for airlines internationally. The airline industry faces pressures like few others – highly regulated, deeply competitive, and with incredibly tight margins. Worldwide over 800,000 pilots and crew must be perfectly aligned with flight schedules in ways that balance on-time performance, cost, compliance and crew satisfaction. A New Zealand success story, merlot.aero ensures 1.5 million perfect flights a year (and growing).
We have a team of 120 strong and exciting plans for investment in growth and innovation. There are 35 of us based in Ponsonby currently, with the remainder of the team in Manila and around the globe. We are an open-minded, fast thinking group, who communicate regularly and take pride in what we do. Our offices in Auckland are brand new, in a central Ponsonby location, with great public transport links or carparks for those who need.
You will be managed by a supportive and energetic CFO and you will be given loads of autonomy to make the role your own.
If the above sounds like you, then click apply now and we'll be in touch. Team fit is extremely important to us, we will move quickly for the right person so don’t wait to apply as we will review applications as they come in.